Crispy Cod with Veggies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 4 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crushed potato sticks
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, tomato, onion and garlic; spread into an 11x7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with cod fillets; sprinkle with pepper.
- Combine the potato sticks, bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 316 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 22, 2018
My dad first made this for me when I was a teen. When I moved out, I was sure to snag this recipe from him! And now, 10 years later I am doubling the recipe and making it for my family.
Jun 10, 2011
I soaked fish overnight in buttermilk, used crushed frenchfried onions, increased cheese and misted with lemon juice the last few minutes of cooking.
Nov 26, 2010
I have meant to rate this recipe for a long time - as my husband & I have been making this for several years. It is an AWESOME recipe and a definite staple in our home. HIGHLY recommend it!!
Mar 30, 2010
SO good! I crushed potato chips instead of the potato stick things and it was excellent!
Feb 11, 2008
My husband and I do not eat fish so I could not rate this dish with a fair result