Crispy Chip Candy Mix
My grandchildren love to help me prepare this recipe. The mix makes a great gift gift because it looks pretty layered in a jar and speeds up the process of creating yummy candies.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Place coconut in a small resealable plastic bag; set aside. In a 1-qt. jar with a tight-fitting lid, layer the cereal, chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar, pecans and cherries. Place bag in jar. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare candy: In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter. Stir in candy mix and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in coconut. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Crispy Holiday Treats Mix in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.