Crispy Chicken Nibblers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup Corn Chex
- 1/3 cup cornflakes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup canola oil
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Coat chicken pieces with egg, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to 375°. Cook chicken pieces in oil for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken: 409 calories, 26g fat (3g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
May 9, 2012
My granddaughter loved this. I didn't add the Italian seasoning - just a tad of oregano. Very easy to make. Will absolutely make again (my granddaughter made me promise that!)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.