Crispy Chicken Nibblers
"I like foods that are simple and scrumptious and have a little Italian flair," writes Lora Pioll-Rohrich of Everett, Washington. "We enjoy these chicken nuggets with mashed potatoes and corn."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup Corn Chex
- 1/3 cup cornflakes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup canola oil
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Coat chicken pieces with egg, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to 375°. Cook chicken pieces in oil for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken: 409 calories, 26g fat (3g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Italian Chicken Bites in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005
May 9, 2012
My granddaughter loved this. I didn't add the Italian seasoning - just a tad of oregano. Very easy to make. Will absolutely make again (my granddaughter made me promise that!)