Crispy Chicken Cutlets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg white. In another shallow bowl, combine the pecans, flour, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg white, then coat with pecan mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 418 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Aug 5, 2015
I made a variation on this recipe tonight. I changed it by using walnuts instead of pecans, dusting with flour before the egg-white, and only coating one side of the rather large chicken breast filet I used and shared with my husband. Smaller cutlets, as described in the recipe, would have been easier to handle, but the ten ounce one I cooked did come out delicious!The crust was firm and thick, and adhered well to the chicken, which was tender enough to cut with a fork. It was also quick and easy to make. I can see this recipe becoming a regular weeknight dinner at my house.
Jan 1, 2014
Excellent. I used chicken thighs, cause I can't eat chicken breasts, and very finely ground the pecans down to nearly a flour, also added a bit of parmesan cheese to the original recipe. I cooked two per the recipe, and baked the remainder of the recipe cause I didn't want to stand over the stove and didn't heat up the right size pan to cook in one batch.
Nov 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2011
I really like this. Prep was pretty quick. The coating was just enough. I used finely ground walnuts because I didn't have pecans. Very nutty and flavorful
Apr 28, 2010
This was very good, but I think I would make a little more breading the next time I make it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.