Crispy Cheese Twists
My grown son enjoys these cheese twists so much that I'll often bake an extra batch for his stocking stuffer. They make a great anytime snack. #151;Mary Maxeiner, Lakewood, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic and pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in cheese, milk, parsley and dill. Gradually add flour, mixing thoroughly.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-in. log; cut each in half and twist together. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 74 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Crispy Cheese Twists in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.