Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese spread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup water
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix flour, cornmeal and salt. Cut in cheese and butter until crumbly. Stir in water; mix well.
- Divide dough in half; cover half. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion into a 14x8-in. rectangle. Cut into 7x1/2-in. strips; place on a baking sheet. Grasp strips at each end and twist in opposite directions, pressing ends onto sheet to help them hold their shape. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes; immediately sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Remove from baking sheet; cool on a wire rack.
1 cheese stick: 26 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.