Crispy Cheese Sticks
For cheesy appetizers, I use sharp cheddar in the dough, bake them as twists and finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan. —Jane Uphoff, Cunningham, KS
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese spread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup water
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix flour, cornmeal and salt. Cut in cheese and butter until crumbly. Stir in water; mix well.
- Divide dough in half; cover half. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion into a 14x8-in. rectangle. Cut into 7x1/2-in. strips; place on a baking sheet. Grasp strips at each end and twist in opposite directions, pressing ends onto sheet to help them hold their shape. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes; immediately sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Remove from baking sheet; cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 cheese stick: 26 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.