- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 22 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- Scrub and pierce sweet potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once. When cool enough to handle, cut the potato in half. Scoop out the pulp discarding shell; place pulp in a small bowl and mash. Stir in the beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, cumin, jalapeno and garlic.
- Lightly brush water over all four edges of one wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Spread 1 tablespoon filling along one edge of wrapper; roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly spritz wraps with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa. Yield: 22 appetizers.
Reviews forCrispy Caribbean Veggie Wraps
"this is one of my go-to recipes. Love it."
"These are awesome!! I had a group of friends over and they were a hit. The flavor is great, and they are easy to make."
"I found this recipe in my magazine and decided to make it for my vegetarian friend. They were so delicious I made them again for a party a couple weeks later and they were gone in minutes! It's very easy and inexpensive to make..."
"DE-LISH! These were totally awesome. I made them with egg roll wrappers because I read the ingredients wrong, but still turned out amazingly tasty."
"awesome.... I also made an avovado ranch dip for them and stuffed some with cilantro lime chicken.. excellent apps.."
"I clicked on "view this recipe now" and nothing comes up. ?????Elizabeth"