- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forCrispy Butter Cookies
"these were absolutely awesome!! i made one batch and decided they were so good, i made another batch :D thx too whoever put it on! the only thing i might change is i put another tsp of vanilla in..."
"I have been using this exact recipe for many years. Good to see someone brought it back.The cookies are good as is but to step it up a bit, I always sprinkle with colored sugar, cinnamon sugar or sprinkles.Yes you can change the flavoring to whatever you like."
"can any type of flavoring be added to this recipe?like lemon or whiskey?"