These cookies are easy to make and taste so good. They're very crisp and light, perfect with milk or coffee.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Butter Cookies in Country Extra January 2001, p51
Reviews for Crispy Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review