Crispy Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow bowl combine the first six ingredients. Pour milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in the cornmeal mixture.
- 2. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 430 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 785mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Baked Chicken
"It was pretty good."
"easy and delicious"
"Excellent. Used just wings cut in two pieces. Breasts might dry out cooked 50 minutes. Just had a day old leftover- yummy."
"Everyone I have made this for can't believe it's baked not fried. My husband is picky and he loves it."
"I made this for dinner .. It was good and will make it again..."
"My bf loved it; he says #1 spot on the list of faves!"
"I recently found the contest-winning recipe (from 1991 I believe) called "Sunday Fried chicken," and that is the one I'll be using from now on."
"My family loves this recipe. Even my picky 12 year old son."
"I tried this recipe last night and it was a big hit with my kids (even my picky child). This is now a family favorite."
"Hello!to everyone this crispy baked chicken it is really delicious so I prepared it before my husband comes from work and the good part is that he always thinks that is bought from the store so then I tell him that I have made it at home and still he don't believe me.But I added something else to it and it was more delicious but thank you for the recipe.Open your imagination cookers."