Crispy Baked Cauliflower
—Elvera Dallman, Franklin, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 cups cauliflowerets
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 2 egg whites
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine flour, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Place cornflake crumbs in another resealable bag. Lightly beat egg whites in a shallow bowl. Toss the cauliflowerets one at a time in flour mixture, then roll in egg whites and coat with crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 92 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Crispy Baked Cauliflower in Country Woman July/August 1999