Crispy Baked Cauliflower
—Elvera Dallman, Franklin, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 cups cauliflowerets
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 2 egg whites
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine flour, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Place cornflake crumbs in another resealable bag. Lightly beat egg whites in a shallow bowl. Toss the cauliflowerets one at a time in flour mixture, then roll in egg whites and coat with crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 92 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Crispy Baked Cauliflower in Country Woman July/August 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.