Crispy Apricot Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. Pour 5 tablespoons butter into a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine biscuit mix and parsley. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with biscuit mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and remaining butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or no longer pink.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and orange juice. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until preserves are melted; stir until combined. Drizzle over chicken; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 539 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Apricot Chicken
"Since I've not tried this, yet, giving 4 stars. Definitely sounds lie a winner. Saving in quick to cook recipe folder"
"Would really LOVE to see a review by someone who ACTUALLY MADE THIS RECIPE!"
"Delicious! I subbed liquid egg whites for butter and olive oil for canola oil. I used 4 oz chicken breasts and it calculates to 320 calories and 9 grams of fat! Will definately be making this again and again!!!"
"I love this recipe! I make it all the time. I completely remove the butter and spray my chicken with cooking spray. I also cook it in olive oil and it turns out delicious!"
"I would cut the fat & calories by substituting a beaten egg or egg substitute for the 6 tablespoons of butter (100 calories, & 11 grams of fat per tablespoon), especially because you're cooking the chicken in additional oil and butter."
"What do you suggest to serve with this? I have such a hard time with deciding on side dishes."