- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together egg and hot sauce in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, toss almonds, bread crumbs, lemon peel and spices.
- Halve fillets lengthwise; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip in egg mixture, then in almond mixture, patting to adhere; place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCrispy Almond Tilapia
"This fish is crispy (as the name states) and very flavorful. The only change that I made was using just a dash of hot sauce. Hubby and I both loved it, and we are not the biggest fish fans, so we are always happy when we find a recipe to add to our ‘FISH’ertoire. ??"
"Can I use a different kind of fish?"
"This is delicious and very healthy recipe!! Love the addition of the hot sauce! Gives it a nice kick!! This will be going on my recipe rotation!!"