Crisp Walnut Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and sugar. Beat in oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 169 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 2, 2016
Great cookie! Easy, quick and it makes a lot! Kids thought just right amount of oatmeal- not too much or too little. Do recommend that with current slightly small mixes, use only 1/2 to 3/4 oil. Great with spice cake and raisins too. As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home I love recipes that give me lots of options to customize.
Nov 24, 2011
Everyone I have made these for loved them! I have substituted pecans, chocolate chips, coconut, and raisins and they always turned out crispy and chewy at the same time. What an easy recipe!
Nov 19, 2011
A family favorite! Sometimes I omit the walnuts and still have a plain but delicious cookie. Other times I add white chocolate chips to the cookies to make them extra special. Any way you make them they are super yummy!
Aug 15, 2008
These cookies are wonderful, great taste, and so quick to make. I did change the recipe a bit since I didn't have enough eggs ... I used 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of oil - and the cookies turned out lovely, crispy, chewy - even my picky kids liked them! I will also try these with different flavored cake mixes in the future! Thank you!!