- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and sugar. Beat in oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews forCrisp Walnut Cookies
"Great cookie! easy, quick and it makes a lot! Kids thought just right amount of oatmeal- not too much or too little. Do recommend that with current slightly small mixes, use only 1/2 to 3/4 oil. Great with spice cake and raisins too. As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home I love recipes that give me lots of options to customize."
"These cookies are wonderful, great taste, and so quick to make. I did change the recipe a bit since I didn't have enough eggs ... I used 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of oil - and the cookies turned out lovely, crispy, chewy - even my picky kids liked them! I will also try these with different flavored cake mixes in the future! Thank you!!"