Crisp Pecan Rounds
I adapted an old recipe to produce these lightly sweet cookies. They have a wonderful cinnamon and nutmeg flavor that makes them a favorite at our house for the holidays.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in syrup. Add pecans. Shape into a 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- For glaze, beat egg yolk and water. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon. Brush glaze over cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 127 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.