Crisp ‘n’ Chewy Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, syrup and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and candy bars.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 149 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 5, 2016
These are in my TOH cookie cookbook and have made them a few times. Now with the butterfinger bits available in the baking aisle I use those. These are light and crispy cookies. I like them.
Jan 16, 2010
These cookies baked up fine the first batch and from then on baked up like little mountains. The are way to sweet, and do not have any really outstanding flavor. I'm a pastry chef and would pass these by. So many other yummy cookies out there!