Crisp Gingerbread Cutouts Recipe
My grandsons Nathan and Caleb Wray started cooking by helping their grandpa mix up waffle and pancake batter. Now we make these cookies together.—Shelia Hanauer, Reidsville, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Raisins, halved
- Red-hot candies
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add molasses and egg; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be soft). Chill for 1 hour.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. gingerbread cookie cutter and place on greased baking sheets. Add raisins for eyes and red-hots for buttons. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Crisp Gingerbread Cutouts
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2015
"I really liked these easy not to many ingredients but tasted good . I gave as gifts and hung on my tree , thanks for sharing!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC