Crisp Gingerbread Cutouts Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Raisins, halved
- Red-hot candies
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add molasses and egg; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be soft). Chill for 1 hour.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. gingerbread cookie cutter and place on greased baking sheets. Add raisins for eyes and red-hots for buttons. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Crisp Gingerbread Cutouts
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2015
"I really liked these easy not to many ingredients but tasted good . I gave as gifts and hung on my tree , thanks for sharing!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC