- 2 cups finely chopped cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews forCrisp Cucumber Salsa
"Delicious, fresh and light. Perfect for a warm night when you need to bring or serve an appetizer. It was a lot of work to chop all the ingredients."
"This was great! Enjoyed it so much as a dip for chips, had the leftover salsa all by itself for lunch the next day."
"Amazing! I added fresh dill in place of Cilantro. This recipe is a keeper!!"
"Our family enjoyed this. Although it is not as exciting as traditional salsa, we think it is a great way to use part of our cucumber excess. I did not have any tomato or cilantro and will make this again when I have all the ingredients! ??"
"I thought it was okay but probably will not make it again. It needs more pizazz!"
"Delicious. I also added chopped black olives. I think it would be great on top of grilled chicken or grilled fish... especially salmon."
"This is just fresh, crispy & WONDERFUL... I added a small amount of thinly sliced red bell peppers and before it was on the table is was gone.... Making some more right now.... try it and enjoy...."
"Different and refreshing!"
"did not like this for all the work involved"
"I loved this salsa! So fresh and crisp!"