Crisp Cranberry Gelatin
How can gelatin be "crisp?" When it's chock-full of chopped apple and celery! This tangy favorite gets a nice crunch from walnuts, too.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes or until the berries pop, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar and gelatin until dissolved. Pour into an 11x7-in. dish; refrigerate until set but not firm, about 1 hour.
- Combine the apple, celery, walnuts, orange juice and zest; stir into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until firm.
Originally published as Cranberry Fruit Salad in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.