Crisp Chocolate Chip Waffles
This variation on classic waffles is a great choice when you're in a rush. The recipe makes a big batch, so I usually freeze what I don't eat.—Lauren Reiff, East Earl, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil, butter and honey until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 waffles: 339 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Honey Waffles in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016