Crisp Cherry-Topped Cookies
I make hundreds of cookies each Christmas to share with family and friends. With red and green candied cherries, these look so lovely on a holiday cookie tray.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal, crushed
- Red and green candied cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cereal. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Place a cherry half in the center of each. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.