Crisp Cheese Breadsticks
This recipe is a great way to use up day-old bread. They are great served alongside soup or salad. And guests at my card game parties love them as appetizers.—Elizabeth Tonn, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) day-old white or wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese spread, butter, egg white, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; beat until fluffy and blended.
- Remove crust from bread. Cut loaf in half widthwise. Cut each half horizontally into thirds; cut each portion lengthwise into fourths. (Strips will measure about 4 in. x 1 in. x 1 in.)
- Spread cheese mixture over all sides of strips; place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 203 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.