Crisp Almond Cookies
I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and have shared it with family and friends many times since. These slightly sweet crisp cookies bring a flavorful ending to any meal.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar and fluffy. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 127 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Crisp Almond Cookies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.