Crescent-Topped Turkey Amandine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine first six ingredients; heat through. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Unroll crescent dough and place over turkey mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, almonds and butter. Spoon over dough. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 895 calories, 67g fat (19g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1185mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 42g protein.
Jan 4, 2015
Easy and tasty - I added chopped up bok choy
Jan 22, 2013
This was amazing. I think I would eat this every day. Again AMAZING
Jan 17, 2012
Excellent easy recipe. I made the following changes: Skipped the water chestnuts, used mixture of mozzarella, Parmesan, and cheddar cheese and spiced it up with oregano, pepper, dash of Cayenne. I may try this with Chicken instead of Turkey the next time.
Dec 28, 2011
This was a wonderful dish to make for a holiday potluck. I also sprinkled some whole, fresh cranberries on the top before baking to add a little holiday color.
Dec 1, 2009
Swapped the celery out for a small box of chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out. Also added 1 beaten egg to firm up the meat mixture. Yummy!
Nov 30, 2009
Made this for supper tonight. The celery was JUST WRONG
Nov 30, 2009
This is delicious! My toddlers weren't crazy about the crunchy texture with the celery and water chestnuts, though.
May 8, 2009
Great recipe for a weeknight dinner. I used light mayo and did not use the 1/4 cup melted butter. I served this with Festive Pea Salad.