- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce mix. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Unroll crescent dough into one rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place over mozzarella cheese. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCrescent-Topped Casserole
"Good and easy for weeknights"
"This is really good. Too make it stretch a little further, I add about three cups of cooked elbow noodles, and sometimes a can of mushrooms to the mixture before I top it with the crescent rolls."
"I was surprised how delicious this was as it is so simple! I just moved to England and cannot find crescent roll dough ready-made here, so I made my own, but it was still worth the work for this casserole! A keeper."
"We really enjoyed this. Sometimes it's the little things that take an ordinary recipe and turn it into something really good. In this case, the addition of the sour cream made all the difference. We will be enjoying this time and again."
"Thanks for posting. I love how you all take the time to post such neat stuff. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Robin"