Crescent Rolls Recipe
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm whole milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In order suggested by manufacturer, place all ingredients except melted butter in bread machine pan. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed.
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. circle; brush with melted butter. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets, pointed side down. Curve ends to form a crescent. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 3. Bake until golden brown, 17-20 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 177 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Crescent Rolls
"Yum - a new favorite roll recipe! As other reviewers said they were huge, so I made 24 rolls instead of 12, a much more manageable size. And easy dough to work with too :)"
"I made these for Easter. They were tasty, but made as the recipe called for, they were huge. I have the bread machine running again and will try dividing it into 2 pieces this time and suspect they will turn out a far more reasonable size. Not that my boys and husband were complaining, mind you."
"This recipe, for me, didn't make very good crescent rolls. But, it turns out the dough is fabulous for cinnamon rolls! They were SO good! I just rolled out the leftover dough, put some butter, brown sugar and cinnamon sugar on it, poured a bit of karo over that; rolled up the dough, cut it into slices and stuck them in the oven at the same temperature the crescents were supposed to be cooked at. When they got out of the oven i just put some maple frosting on top and tada! they were delicious =D So, turns out this recipe is good for more than just crescents =)"
"i would try the recipe and see if i can make them,i am new at making cresent rolls,i made some but they weren't very good. so i will try again. thank-you"
"These are delicious!!!"