Crescent Mac and Cheese Bites
My kids love macaroni and cheese and they love crescent rolls. With the help of my daughter, Lula, I decided to put the two together in one yummy recipe. They are great as either an appetizer for adults (who love them too) or as an entree for the little ones. —Katherine Gerrety, Jacksonville, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place first six ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high until blended, about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in macaroni and bacon bits. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Place 2 tablespoons macaroni mixture on wide end of each triangle. Roll into crescents; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, 10-13 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 filled crescent roll: 188 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Crescent Mac & Cheese Bites in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.