Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 giant Slim Jim snack sticks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- Unroll crescent dough on a lightly floured surface; roll into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Seal seams. Cut with a butterfly cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Press a snack piece in the middle of each butterfly; carefully pinch dough around the long sides of snack piece.
- Brush wings with butter. Sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 130 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 5, 2012
Crescent Butterflies are a specific shaped surprise treat for a Nature studying group or Gardeners. The original recipe calls for using a package of Crescent Rolls from the store and rolling it to create a specific solid piece of pastry. There is now a solid piece of dough also being sold by Pillsbury in the same dairy case. There is no need to try sealing any lines cut into the Crescent Roll dough. Using a commercial Butterfly shaped cookie cutter will offer the Butterfly Shaped Dough cut pieces. You must cut 2 giant Slim Jim snack sticks into 2" pieces to use as bodies in the center of the Butterfly Dough. After baking, and cooling - serve with heated marinara sauce as a desirable snack! Serve with joy and enjoy your guests delight! Read all the comments published at the end of this page.
Nov 17, 2011
These are excellent. Will definitely make again.