Crescent Beef Bake
This rich pie tastes like lasagna gut with a buttery crescent roll topping instead of noodles. It was a favorite of my four boys when they were growing up.—Beverly Fournier, Bark River, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into triangles; spread with sour cream. Roll into crescents. Place in two rows over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 563 calories, 36g fat (19g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 863mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Crescent Beef Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.