Creole Shrimp & Rice
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Serve with rice. Freeze option: Stir in shrimp but do not heat through. Cool mixture; freeze in freezer containers for up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 304 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Jul 18, 2017
This was so good! I didn't have cayenne pepper so I used fresh ground Peppercorn Melange. My husband wanted his a little hotter so he splashed some Tabasco on his. We both enjoyed it. This recipe has a lot of flavor without a lot of calories. It will be a regular on our dinner table!
Jan 4, 2012
Oh my goodness. This was sooo wonderful!! Cooked just as decribed over brown rice. WONDERFUL. We had enough for leftovers and they were even more wonderful. My husband and I eat lunch together...he came late and almost missed out... : )
Mar 1, 2011
Look for Lipton's Recipe Secrets Savory Herb and Garlic soup and dip mix.My daughter made this dish for our supper tonight. It needs a bit more salt and just a bit more punch so I added a few shakes of Frank's Chile with Lime sauce. It gave it the proper balance of acid to really send the flavors to the limit.
Jan 3, 2009
Excellent flavor. Have made this several times. Cannot find the savory garlic and herb soup mix. I used garlic chicken bouillon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.