Pizza and the flavors of Creole cuisine blend amazingly well in this hearty dish with a crispy crust. Add more hot sauce to boost the heat if you like things spicy. —Robin Haas, Cranston, Rhode Island
Recommended: 33 Family Dinners for Under $10
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with 1-1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Set aside. Combine lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- In a small skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, celery seed and remaining Creole seasoning; saute until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pizza sauce and hot sauce. Remove from heat.
- Drain shrimp. Spread sauce mixture over crust. Top with shrimp and green pepper; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until shrimp turn pink and cheese is melted, 25-30 minutes. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Creole Shrimp Pizza in Taste of Home November 2017