Creole Green Beans Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. Cook beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon, onion and green pepper over medium heat until bacon is crisp and vegetables are tender. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 2. Stir the flour, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and mustard into the drippings until blended. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain beans and add to skillet. Stir in bacon mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 110 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Creole Green Beans
"Loved the taste of this recipe! I made two modifications 1) left out the tomatoes 2) did not drain the beans since the undrained tomatoes were omitted. Will definitely make again."
"My husband asks for this quite often. It's especially good with fresh green beans out of the garden."
"IF I make this again, I will omit the can of tomatoes. It made the result mushy and didn't look at all like the photo."