Creole Fish Soup
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound cod, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- In a soup kettle, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add vegetables; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 129 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Nov 20, 2017
This soup has a great flavor! Catfish was in my freezer so I used that instead of cod. To have more soup to serve I added 1 cup of water and doubled the spices. This is so easy to throw together and tastes good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.