Cajun seasoning adds loads of flavor and spice to this easy-to-assemble meal. The slow cooker does the work so you don't have to!—Matthew Laman, Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the broth, beans, rice, tomatoes, green pepper, parsley and remaining Cajun seasoning. Top with chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creole Chicken Thighs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p43
Reviews for Creole Chicken Thighs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review