VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 package (4 pounds) frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for 10-12 minutes or until the juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Combine tomato sauce, butter and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl; add wings and toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remove wings from sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place wings in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer. Baste wings with pan drippings; serve immediately. If desired, serve with Blue Cheese Garlic Dip (recipe below). Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Creole-Cajun Wings in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p47