Creme de Menthe Truffles Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. Combine pecans, butter and creme de menthe. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate, covered, until easy to handle, about 1 hour.
- 2. With hands lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar, shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; let excess drip off. Return to waxed paper; refrigerate until set. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 truffle: 99 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Creme de Menthe Truffles
"I made this for a Valentine's basket and the recipients loved them. I didn't change a thing."