- 1-1/4 cups finely crushed Oreo cookies (about 14 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 20 large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and melted butter. Reserve 3 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold milk; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add marshmallows; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed; stir until smooth. Stir in creme de menthe. Refrigerate 15-20 minutes or until cold but not set, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, gradually beat cream cheese until smooth. In another bowl, whisk pudding mix and remaining cold milk. Gradually beat into cream cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into marshmallow mixture. Spoon half of the mixture over prepared crust; refrigerate 10 minutes. Layer with pudding mixture and remaining marshmallow mixture; top with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forCreme de Menthe Squares
"This was very good, albeit labor intensive! I probably had 2 hours invested in the project."
"I'd like to try this recipe. It looks yummy! A question, though. Should I use creme de menthe syrup, flavoring, or liqueur? Giving 5 stars because I'm not going to take away any stars for just asking a question."