Creepy-Crawly Bugs Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 8 smoked sausage links or hot dogs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup potato sticks
- Ketchup and/or mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Separate dough into strips. Unroll and cut eight strips in half widthwise; set remaining strips aside. Cut sausages in half widthwise. Wrap one piece of dough around each sausage, leaving the rounded end showing. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Place reserved breadsticks on baking sheet.
- 2. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bugs to a serving plate and cool 2 minutes.
- 3. Insert potato sticks into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae. Decorate with ketchup and/or mustard. Serve warm. Save remaining breadsticks for another use. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: Refrigerated crescent rolls may be used in place of the breadsticks. Follow package directions for baking temperature and time.
2 2 pieces (calculated without ketchup and mustard): 211 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 623mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Creepy-Crawly Bugs
"Made this for my daughter's grade 4 Hallowe'en party today, and they all disappeared. She came home with the EMPTY TRAY."
"These are really cute and taste good, but you had better give yourself a lot of time. Maybe my time issue was because I used the little sausage links instead of cutting a big sausage into pieces. I thought the smaller pieces were easier to eat."
"I love making a 'creature' every Halloween and these were both quite fun to make and guests loved them as well!"
"Fun and delicious treat for kids and adults."
"everyone at the halloween party loved the bugs"