Total TimePrep: 2 hours
- Two-layer cake of your choice (9 inches)
- Frosting of your choice (in a pale color)
- White and dark brown ready-to-use rolled fondant
- New paintbrush
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract or water
- White pearl dragees
- Fresh strawberries
- Place cake on a serving platter; spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake (save 2 teaspoons frosting for decorating cake).
- Roll out white fondant into a 16-in. circle; place over cake. Smooth top and sides of cake; trim excess. (Keep unused fondant wrapped in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.)
- Roll brown fondant into 16-in. x 4-in. rectangle; cut with a 3x2-in. diamond-shaped cookie cutter. Dip paintbrush in vanilla; lightly brush over a diamond. Secure diamond to side of cake. Repeat. Decorate with dragees, securing with reserved frosting. Top with strawberries.
Jan 24, 2014
this looks yummy just how it looks
May 31, 2010
Is there a recipe for fondant close by? This cake takes a little work, but it is worth it as it is beautiful and delicious. Yes I would make it again.
Apr 15, 2010
I made a strawberry cake and tinted some of the fondant pink. I used heart shaped cookie cutters and attached the pink fondant hearts to the cake as instructed. It was beautiful, tasty and a hit!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.