Creamy Veggie Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2/3 cup shredded potato
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Mashed potatoes
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in small batches; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the soups and milk; pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with mashed potatoes; garnish with parsley if desired. Freeze option: Cook meatballs until a thermometer reads 160°; cool completely before assembling. Cover and freeze without baking. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until heated through and bubbly. Serve as directed.
Sep 20, 2011
yes-yes-yes I will do this again. My family loved it so much even the picky eaters want it again!!!! I intened to make the meatballs and freeze them to keep them on hand. Koodoes to you for bringing us this recipie. Thanks alot
Mar 18, 2011
Very good. A sneaky way to get some veggies!
Feb 17, 2011
This is a fabulous recipe. I doubled it when I cooked it so there would be left overs and it went over quite well at my house! Will definitely make this again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.