Creamy Veggie Casserole
Even kids will eat their veggies when you serve them this way, covered in a creamy cheese sauce and topped with crushed crackers. They just might ask for seconds!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Prepare vegetables according to package directions; drain. In a bowl, combine the soup and cheese sauce. Add vegetables and stir to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Toss cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 246 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1128mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Vegetable Casserole in Country Woman Christmas 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.