- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add carrot and celery; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in carrot mixture. Remove from the heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Vegetable Soup with Cheese
"This was delicious served with the Tuna Swiss Melts from the same issue. The only change I made was to use 4 oz of Velveeta."
"My family absolutely loves, loves, loves this recipe and asks me to make it all the time. It is super simple and relatively quick to make. I would recommend this to all ages"
"This is one of my favorite soups ever. I've made it several times. I like doing a combination of Velveeta cheese for creaminess and cheddar cheese for flavor. I've also added broccoli to the soup, and it makes an excellent broccoli cheese soup. I'm always asked for the recipe. It's really delicious and my family and I love dipping bread/rolls into the soup. Highly recommend"