Creamy Vegetable Pasta Bake
I found this recipe for this vegetable casserole, which is my husband Rory's favorite, in an old magazine I bought at a yard sale right after we got married. It has stood the test of time! It's a wonderful side dish for meat.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cauliflower, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, noodles and 1/4 cup of cheese; mix gently.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 16, 2012
This was bland -- really bland.
Sep 22, 2011
This is a KEEPER recipe. Used all broccoli instead of broc & cauli. Extremely simple, too!
May 5, 2008
try this one after making the lst one with cream of broccoli soup