Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
My sisters and I made this soup with our mom when we were young. Now it's the traditional "day after Thanksgiving" soup for our own families. —Lois Hofmeyer, Sugar Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups diced small red potatoes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked cubed turkey breast
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the turkey, vegetables, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Cook 10-12 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 235 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Creamed Turkey Soup in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.