Creamy Turkey and Biscuits Recipe
In Miles City, Montana, Annette Gorton turns leftover holiday turkey into a quick, comforting casserole that gets plenty of appeal when topped with refrigerator biscuits. "Even my finicky youngster likes this one!" Annette notes.
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in biscuit mix until blended. Gradually add milk and soup; stir until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in turkey and peas. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Separate biscuits and arrange over the top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 388 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Turkey and Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC