Creamy Tortellini Primavera
This creamy meal-in-one calls for just a few ingredients, including store-bought pasta, so it’s a snap to put together. “It's a wonderful salad when zucchini and squash are in great abundance,” notes Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute yellow squash and zucchini in oil for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain tortellini; place in a large bowl. Add the squash mixture, tomatoes, onions and pepper. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 247 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Tortellini Primavera in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006