This creamy meal-in-one calls for just a few ingredients, including store-bought pasta, so it’s a snap to put together. “It's a wonderful salad when zucchini and squash are in great abundance,” notes Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute yellow squash and zucchini in oil for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain tortellini; place in a large bowl. Add the squash mixture, tomatoes, onions and pepper. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Primavera in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p18
Reviews forCreamy Tortellini Primavera
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2012
"I did not really like this at all. I think the Caesar dressing gave it an odd flavor when warm."
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2010
"Very good - my family loved it."