Creamy Tortellini and Sausage
You don't need to spend loads of time in the kitchen creating an irresistible pasta dish. Simply jazz up a jar of store bought Alfredo sauce with Italian sausage, vegetables, past and seasonings.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 quarts water
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and vegetables. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until pasta is floating and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add to skillet; mix well. Pour sauce over top. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with basil; toss to coat.