Creamy Tortellini and Sausage
You don't need to spend loads of time in the kitchen creating an irresistible pasta dish. Simply jazz up a jar of store bought Alfredo sauce with Italian sausage, vegetables, past and seasonings.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 quarts water
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and vegetables. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until pasta is floating and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add to skillet; mix well. Pour sauce over top. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with basil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 622 calories, 38g fat (17g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1134mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Tortellini and Sausage in 2003 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.