You don't need to spend loads of time in the kitchen creating an irresistible pasta dish. Simply jazz up a jar of store bought Alfredo sauce with Italian sausage, vegetables, past and seasonings.
Recommended: 30 Quick Easy Soup Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 jar (17 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook pasta and vegetables in boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until pasta is floating and vegetables are tender; drain. Add to skillet; mix well. Pour sauce over top. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with basil; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Tortellini and Sausage in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p1