Creamy Tomato Fettuccine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1/2 pound ripe plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Marsala wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth plus 1 tablespoon white grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir cream cheese into tomato mixture until cream cheese is melted. Add mushroom mixture. Drain fettuccine; top with sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 360 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
May 22, 2017
I found it didn't make enough sauce for the amount of time I stood making this. It has a great flavor but was a bit too thick. Next time I would double or triple the sauce, I would use skinned whole tomatoes from a can with juice and chop the tomatoes from there. I added the water I used to cook the noodles in the sauce to thin it out a little. Other than those changes I really enjoyed this dish.
Feb 14, 2015
wonderful flavor was a delightful meal.................
Jan 31, 2010
It was good. The only change I made was to use reduced fat cream cheese.