Creamy Tomato Fettuccine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1/2 pound ripe plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Marsala wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth plus 1 tablespoon white grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir cream cheese into tomato mixture until cream cheese is melted. Add mushroom mixture. Drain fettuccine; top with sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 360 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 22, 2017
I found it didn't make enough sauce for the amount of time I stood making this. It has a great flavor but was a bit too thick. Next time I would double or triple the sauce, I would use skinned whole tomatoes from a can with juice and chop the tomatoes from there. I added the water I used to cook the noodles in the sauce to thin it out a little. Other than those changes I really enjoyed this dish.
Feb 14, 2015
wonderful flavor was a delightful meal.................
Jan 31, 2010
It was good. The only change I made was to use reduced fat cream cheese.